Thursday 5 July 2018

Follow-Through Phase



In the follow-through phase, I still need to contract certain segments. To make sure my shot is effective I need to contract my smaller muscles in my arm. I can see that I am still following the principle of sequencing because I am using my smaller arm muscles last.

While moving from the execution phase to follow through phase both of my shoulder and elbow joints are working. The shoulder joint is a ball and socket joint. The movement in this phase is  the shoulder extension my antagonist muscle is my pectoralis major and the agonist is lasstissmus dorsi. Also, I can see that my elbow is extending which means that my antagonist muscle is my biceps and my agonist muscle is my triceps.


In the follow-through phase, I am using Newton's third law. Newton's third law states that the third law of motion is that for every force, there is an equal reaction force in the opposite direction. First of all the force, I produced in my preparation is equaled to the force that is generated in my follow-through phase. I can see that I am using Newton's third law because I can see that the force I have produced in my preparation phase is being applied to my follow-through phase because my arms are fully extended and my shoulder are extending. 


In the follow-through phase, balance and stability are still important in producing a well-executed shot. To be balanced in this phase I need to make sure that when I make my shot that I am stabled and that both of my legs are constantly stabled and my feet are planted on the ground. Also, I know I am balanced because my center of gravity is located inside my body. The differences/similarities I can see in my balance and stability is that we both are tipping toeing and that our hands are above our head and that we are both standing our base of support.





No comments:

Post a Comment